Master Scheduler, or as they are commonly known; Manufacturing Production Planners, are responsible for the planning and smooth running of production processes in a manufacturing company. They draw up a schedule of work, which is agreed with the production manager or director. The schedule contains details of the materials and machines to be used, cost of materials, mechanical and human resources, the time required to do the job, and the quality standards to be met.
Planners are responsible for making sure the schedule is followed during production. They receive regular information on progress and deal quickly with any problems, such as a shortage of staff or materials and machinery breakdowns.
They liaise with production supervisors, management, the company’s purchasing department, and outside suppliers of materials. Master Schedulers need to be highly skilled in systems for analysing data, scheduling, and resource allocation.
What does it take to become a Master Scheduler?
- Having an understanding of production processes.
- Enjoying project work.
- Being able to work under pressure.
- Having good communication skills.
- Being able to build good relationships with colleagues.
- Being able to motivate staff and provide leadership to a team.
- Having good problem-solving skills and have the ability to make quick, effective decisions.
- Being able to compile realistic and detailed working schedules.
- Being numerate and have planning and analytical skills.
- Having appropriate IT skills.
Master Scheduler - Glasgow
If you are looking to take the next step in your career, we are looking to speak with a talented production planner who wants to develop their own career while playing a big part in ambitious growth plans.
You’ve worked within a busy scheduling function, proven yourself to be a strong communicator by working with stakeholders on multiple levels, and had experience within the manufacturing industry.
You’ll have experience implementing manufacturing planning practices across a consistently changing company, looking to take that next step into a senior role.
This would be perfect for someone driven by values, who is energetic and motivated and looking for a development role where the business will facilitate further career and personal growth.
For more information on this role, email: email@example.com