You’re an experienced Warehouse/Yard Leader who is ready for the next move in your career. You want accountability and responsibility in your next role, and you know that you can make a difference.
You are curious and keen to learn and love solving problems. You are self-motivated and get a real buzz from making decisions and trying new ways of working. You thrive in an energetic and positive environment and like to work at a pace. You also have one eye on the future and know that you want to work with a company with opportunities to progress.
Engage is partnering with Velotech Systems Ltd to recruit a Yard/Warehouse Manager to lead the set-up of their new yard at Leith Docks from scratch. Velotech is an innovator in access solutions for oil and gas and construction companies. Their unique systems are in demand, and their business is growing. This role will play a lead role in managing the organisation of their new yard and then managing the organisation of shipments both within the UK and Internationally.
What you do:
- Lead and support the development of yard systems and processes.
- Manage the goods receiving activities.
- Working with customers to
- Manage yard stock levels and locations.
- Manage paperwork associated with outbound and inbound shipments, including PO’s, delivery notes and international shipping documentation.
- Occasionally complete deliveries to clients and pick-ups from vendors.
- You have experience within a yard/warehouse role, ideally with a forklift licence.
- You would like to learn and progress, and you are ambitious and self-motivated.
- You are a great communicator and always pick up on details, taking action where necessary.
- You like to have variety in your role and thrive on challenges.
This role will constantly evolve, and no two days will be the same; the business is growing and expanding, so there will be freedom to make decisions, take the initiative and develop.
Velo Tech Systems is working exclusively with Engage on this project, so any CVs sent directly to the VTS team or via other agencies will be forwarded to Engage.