Reporting to the Technical Publications Engineering Manager the main purpose of the role of the Technical Author is to research, process and produce publications for the complete range of Operations Manuals, Maintenance Manuals and Illustrated Parts Catalogues utilising specific Technical Publications software.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To amend, create, maintain and issue of all Electrical related technical publications to complement company build plan and business KPIs. These publication will include product Maintenance Manuals, Operators Manuals, and Illustrated Parts Catalogues.
- To ensure that all the above publications are translated and issued in all relevant languages
- To communicate with all key departments and suppliers, to obtain key service, maintenance, spare parts and technical specifications of all key components and sub-components
- To create and support marketing materials
- To support amendments to the Warranty Manual
- To maintain the Customer Portal ensuring all materials are current and meet customer needs
- To ensure all relevant legal technical publications are issued with truck deliveries to customers and that they comply with the latest legislation
- Support Customer Support Department with customer interaction with regard to product technical enquiries
- Work with 3rd parties to develop technical publications deliverables
Experience & Qualifications:
- BTECH HNC / HND in an Engineering discipline ,preferably in an Electrical discipline
- Electrical Technical Writing experience.
- Knowledge of Electrical wiring diagrams, creation and amendments.
- C&G or equivalent in technical communication
- Formal qualifications in Technical Writing
- Engineering technical background
- Experience in and working knowledge of Arbortext editing software
- Appreciation of field service (maintenance) methods/procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to analyse electrical schematic drawings.
- Proficient in the use of Arbortext editor applications for the production of current technical manuals
- Proficient in the use of Adobe applications in particular In-Design, Framemaker and Microsoft Packages including Word and Excel
- Communication skills both written and oral. Internally and externally
- Methodical approach
- Excellent customer approach
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organise and multi task when required
- The ability to produce quality and accurate material
- It is essential that the post holder demonstrates a commitment to delivering high quality products to our customers both internally and externally
This type of role is rarely available and will offer impressive career experience within a global business. Please send you CV to Yvonne Hughes and open up the dialogue.