SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
My client is a brand name manufacturer based in Central Scotland. The business is sector leading and part of a larger International Group. The Scottish Company is completely autonomous, designing, manufacturing and selling their products throughout the UK and beyond.
This role reports to Director level and is responsible for leading the supply chain team, delivering results in line with the corporate strategy and seeking opportunities to improve the team’s performance with the end objective of reducing costs, delivering OTD and ultimately impacting positively on the bottom line.
This is the most senior role on site focussing on supply chain, and will be able to collaborate across the group, in addition this role will have autonomy to make decisions around strategy and operational efficiency across purchasing, planning, stores and logistics functions.
Main responsibilities will include :
- Leading the supply chain team to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their performance.
- Ensuring that purchasing activities focus on both cost and supplier partnership, taking advantage of group buying power.
- Managing finished goods inventory holding ensuring that obsolescence is minimised.
- Working with the design team to ensure new product introduction is seamless.
- Leading change management initiatives designed to improve overall performance.
- Collaborating with the manufacturing teams as the internal customer, ensuring that they have all the necessary parts to delivery OTD to customers.
Candidates should have/be :
- Experienced leaders with evidence of developing and growing teams into the high performance zone – coaching, mentoring and succession planning for the future.
- Experience across the supply chain within a manufacturing business – purchasing, planning and warehousing/logistics.
- Excellent commercial skills understanding how to make margin improvements through effective supply chain planning
- In-depth knowledge of MPR/ERP systems.
- The ability to lead change – gaining engagement and galvanising others to become part of the change.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and growing business, to work with a truly collaborative senior team and to establish a strong personal brand. To apply please contact Anne-Marie Hamill – firstname.lastname@example.org .