Engage Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting for an experienced software developer, to expand our client’s engineering team, who can develop disruptive proprietary technology solutions that are changing the commercial real-estate industry.
In this position you will be part of a team developing cloud-based building simulation systems focused on energy and carbon reduction.
Our client offers a cloud-based software platform for delivering commercial real estate improvement analysis to determine retrofit strategies for mitigating risk and improving financial performance of commercial real estate by:
• Reducing risk associated with inefficient property within the context of climate change
• Improving asset investment performance, reduce operation costs and increase value
• Cost effectively generating strategic energy reduction scenarios o Expediting and safeguarding transaction processes and open up site specific retrofit opportunities
Our client is transforming the way commercial real estate looks at energy efficiency improvements. They started their journey in 2009 with an idea and a rented desk in central Scotland. Since then, they’ve grown into one of the leading software providers to the UK real estate market, working with some of the world's largest property investors.
• Develop detailed specifications for enhancements to existing products.
• Verify and validate issues in the products reported by customers and internal users. Propose, implement and validate solutions to these issues.
• Implement and validate new features per the specifications.
• Collaborate with the entire development team to shape product and technology direction.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field of study.
• Minimum three years of experience developing commercial, cloud based, solutions.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Expertise with the following technologies: Ruby on Rails (v5), API only back-ends (no templating), RESTful API’s, PostgreSQL
• Experience with the following technologies is not necessary but is a plus: AWS services, MEAN Stacks (MongoDB, ExpressJS, Angular, NodeJS), Docker
If you'd like to find out more (or would like to send your CV to us), please apply below.
All applications will receive a personal response.