Our client is looking to appoint an experienced PHP developer to work in their Glasgow office.
The role will involve working within a dedicated, enthusiastic team to develop the company’s microservice-driven digital platforms.This is a great opportunity for a developer with a genuine passion for developing customer-focused applications using modern development architecture and following best-practice.
You will work closely with developers, designers, and a range of wider teams to develop our business assets. Strong teamworking and communication skills are a must.
Candidates will preferably be educated to degree level in Computer Science, Web Development, or similar.
The ideal candidate will also fulfil the following criteria:
- Strong procedural and OO PHP skills
- Strong knowledge of a modern PHP framework (Symfony preferred, but strong experience in Laravel, Zend, or Magento will be considered)
- Strong SQL skills with emphasis on relational database design
- Working knowledge of front-end technologies, including HTML5, jQuery, compiled CSS
- Experience with a version control system such as git
- Experience with front-end build systems such as Gulp, Grunt, etc.
Experience with the following would also be beneficial, though are not required:
Ideally, a minimum of 5 years of experience, including work with one of the above-mentioned frameworks, but technical expertise will determine the correct candidate.