First and foremost, this is a role focused on relationship building and excellent communication. As a Product Owner, you will be expected to form valued, lasting relationships with clients, have a great understanding of their needs and an ability to manage expectations. You will be responsible for managing the flow of communication between clients and developers, ensuring the project plan is on track and delivered on time, to a high standard. An understanding of project planning, resource management and exposure to agile practices would be extremely advantageous.
● Building strong relationships with clients
● Understanding clients’ needs
● Breaking down project specifications into workable project plans
● Ensuring projects are delivered on time and to a high standard
● Communicating technical information to the client effectively
● Working with team leads and developers to ensure delivery of projects
● Coordinating meetings, calls and visits to/from client offices
● Maintaining processes and ensuring adherence to in-house procedures
● Analysing and reporting on project success
● Managing resources to ensure delivery of project
Skills and Requirements:
● Relationship Building: This is very much a customer facing role, so you should be approachable, affable and always ensure that your client feels like they’re in a safe pair of hands
● Excellent Communication: Both written and spoken is paramount. You should be comfortable in explaining complex concepts to a non-technical client, as well as understanding detailed specifications from the development team
● Time Management: You would be expected to manage your time effectively between two main clients, as well as ensure that projects are delivered on time
● Industry Knowledge/Interest: Broad interest and knowledge of eCommerce, retail or fashion is greatly advantageous in winning the trust of your clients
● Project Management: This role requires understanding project specifications and an ability to ensure these are delivered on time and to a high standard, previous exposure to project management is desirable
● Working Knowledge of Agile Practices: Working knowledge of scrum mastery, sprint maintenance etc. or previous exposure to agile practices
● Tools/Software: Previous knowledge of Jira and ticket writing is desirable but not essential
Company and Benefits:
Our client is a highly successful, ambitious software development company. They are a small, specialist team with a distinct culture built on collaboration, trust and a passion for the product/industry. This role would be suited to someone who has previously worked in a growing entrepreneurial business. This is an opportunity to join a growing business, with exciting clients and a supportive team in a City Centre location.
You will also benefit from:
● Strong salary package
● Potential bonus opportunity
● 28 days holiday entitlement
● Flexitime - we know working life can’t always be a 9-5 routine!
● 8% pension (3% employer contribution)
● Remote working options
● Stocked kitchen - drinks, snacks and fruit
● Employee referral scheme
● Training and development opportunities
● Creative and innovative culture
As they grow, so do their benefits! Our client is always looking for ways to improve and to reward and recognise hard-working staff.
Apply via the link below.
All applications will be acknowledged and all questions answered (as best we can!)