Our client is looking for a dynamic and ambitions Operations Director to join the senior team and continue the growth of the business, which has already broken the £100m mark!
The Operations Director will be tasked with overall improvements in manufacturing and will be given the autonomy, responsibility and authority to deliver. The manufacturing teams want to improve, this individual will be the catalyst to make this happen.
Essentially, this role will support the delivery of the company’s manufacturing sales turnover, on time delivery and profit targets. Initially this will be around gaining the trust and respect of the teams, supporting them and identifying and implementing improvement projects, while still delivering the day-to-day production levels required to meet demand in a fast-paced environment.
You will develop the manufacturing strategy and its execution. Looking at people, processes and deliverables, you will build strong relationships with your peers on the board, seeking their support to deliver the strategy and suggesting changes to support that strategy.
You will be responsible for helping to deliver the company’s sales turnover, on time delivery and profit targets by:
- Ensuring that jobs are manufactured correctly, cost effectively and delivered on time in accordance to customer build specification and quality requirements.
- Communicating with all the relevant people / departments and co-ordinating all relevant inputs (people, plant and processes) to ensure production output and on time delivery targets are achieved.
- Planning, scheduling and reviewing workload to ensure production output and on time delivery targets are achieved cost effectively.
- Ensuring that the shop floor has the necessary manpower, competence, skill, knowledge, plant and tooling required in order to achieve production targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
As you would expect, your areas of responsibility will encompass:
- Owning and driving the entire manufacturing business through:
- Continuous improvement
You will ideally possess:
- Degree/HND level in an Engineering or related subject or have significant relevant experience in a broad mechanical engineering environment.
- Extensive leadership experience and the ability to create and develop high performing teams
- Demonstrable experience of working in the senior management team, contributing to strategic decisions and shaping the direction of the business
- Commercial acumen and the ability to recognise the best opportunities to grow revenue.
Please click apply below or email your current cv to firstname.lastname@example.org