Engage Recruitment are delighted to be teaming up with one of Scotland's most highly successful eCommerce software development companies: Markup
What's on offer?
Markup are always looking to improve and find new ways to reward their amazing team! Salary is dependent on experience, so is negotiable for the right person, it might be helpful to us if you can include a salary expectation in your application. We prefer to base this on the person's skillset, capability and attitude as well as notable experience!
With that in mind the salary bracket for this role is around £25,000 - £40,000. Not only that, Markup are offering the right candidate to join them in:
● 28 days holiday entitlement, with additional days holiday added each year you are with the company (up to 5 days)
● Flexitime - we know working life can’t always be a 9-5 routine!
● Remote working options
● Discounted cinema tickets
● Fully stocked kitchen - drinks, snacks and fruit
● Employee referral scheme
● Dog friendly office
● Training budgets - books, courses and qualifications
● Friday drinks
● Company funded social and team events/lunches (as well as a few staff planned socials!)
● Creative and innovative culture
Who are they looking for?
As a Front-End Developer, your main responsibility will be the production, modification and maintenance of websites UI. You will be working with designers to turn their static designs into working browser-based web pages, you'll also work closely with back-end developers to implement their server-side code.
If you’re interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in your career, then this job is for you!
They expect you to be an enthusiastic learner, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
● Excellent Communication: Both written and spoken is paramount, you will not only be working with our team of in-house developers, but will also be in contact with our clients and designers to deliver projects.
● Software and Tools: Comfortable with Npm/Yarn, proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
● Industry Knowledge/Interest: Broad interest and knowledge of eCommerce, retail or fashion is greatly advantageous.
● Accuracy: Keen attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
● Self-Development: Continuous learning mindset, ability to keep up to date with fast changing trends. Ability to accept feedback and come up with creative solutions around that feedback.
● Time Management: Ability to work autonomously and manage workload effectively.
What will you be responsible for?
● SPA frameworks such as React w/ Redux (previous knowledge of React or similar would be a great advantage!)
● Build systems such as Gulp / Webpack
● Editing, exporting and styling SVGs
● Cross-browser and cross-device testing and debugging
● Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
● Optimise application for maximum speed and scalability
● Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
● Eye for animation and understanding of motion principles (GSAP, CSS3)
● Able to write performant, scalable and modular code
● Knowledge of browser feature support
● Keeping your code clean, well-organised, and DRY
● Comfortable with Git
● Comfortable with BEM syntax
Who are Markup?
Markup is a highly successful, ambitious software development company, offering eCommerce software to exciting, established and highly recognisable fashion brands. They are a small, specialist team with a distinct culture built on collaboration, trust and a passion for the product/industry.
Working at Markup offers the opportunity to join a growing business, with exciting clients and a supportive team in a Glasgow City Centre location.
Sound like the ideal role and environment for you? APPLY NOW via the link and we'll be in touch!