Our client is a leading producer of specialist engineered parts. With a global customer base, they provide quality products to the Oil and Gas, Automotive, Chemical and Food and drink sector.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join their team.
Reporting to, and working closely with the Sales Manager, your main focus will be to provide estimations for all customer RFQ’s (Request for quotations) by understanding the in-house capacities and capabilities.
Main duties are:-
• Prioritising RFQ’s based on bid submission date and importance.
• Determine enquiry viability.
• Identifying the necessity to go out for raw materials/fast tracking the enquiry.
• Enquiring the raw material and other sub contract processes through MRP system.
• Understand specifications/BOM/DBI’s of different customers.
• Estimating the number of hours required to complete the job.
• Costing of a quotation, purchase order or rework job.
• Analysing the capacity graphs and giving the possible accurate lead times to the customer.
• Prepare Job costing with relevant calculations.
• Contact customer for all the clarifications regarding drawing changes/rev changes/any clarifications required at the quotation stage.
• Liaise with Sales Manager to mark required quotations as must chase and do the necessary to win the order.
• Liaise with Sales Manager to check the financial feasibility of the order and to check the delivery feasibility for critical enquiries.
• Meeting the Quotation deadline for all the enquiries made and assisting Sales Manager on technical enquiries raised by customers.
• Calling customers and chasing all the “Must Chase” enquiries and updating the system with the relevant information.
An experienced engineering Estimator ( or an experienced CNC professional who wants to take their experience into this area ) you will be a genuine team player with sound knowledge of machine tools, types and functionality and have excellent communication, telephone and customer service skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a positive, forward thinking and motivated team.