Our client is a leading supplier of specialist materials & associated equipment throughout the UK. With a wide and varied client base, they are growing steadily and pride themselves on product quality and delivery.
They are a sociable group of individuals who promote a healthy work life balance and welcome future colleagues who are positive, upbeat and fun.
They now have an opportunity for a talented Distribution Manager to join their team.
Reporting to, and working closely with the Managing Director, the main focus of this role is to:-
Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment or frequency.
Organise the safe and efficient distribution of goods, ensuring that orders are satisfied correctly.
Organise shipments, co-ordinate drivers, vehicles, loads and journeys.
Develop and confirm delivery schedules.
Establish or monitor and maintain supplier relationships and negotiate competitive prices and contracts.
Prepare and maintain regulatory body documentation.
Ensure vehicle maintenance and documentation is correct and current.
Your responsibilities will include:-
- Organise shipments in conjunction with customer requirements, ensuring most appropriate shipping agent used.
- Co-ordinate drivers, vehicles, loads and journeys in conjunction with customer requirements.
- Use IT systems to maintain awareness of current outstanding orders and their status.
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships, negotiate and agree contracts, ensuring best service and price.
- Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting or operations.
- Identify risks and solutions to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
- Maintain pricing matrix for all haulage contractors to ensure cost transparency within the system.
- Prepare paperwork for regulatory bodies ensuring compliance at all times.
- Ensure vehicles are maintained to required standard and documentation is current and complete.
- Liaise with Service Delivery Manager to ensure fulfilment of customer requirements.
- Analyse the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routes, shipping types, product volumes or carriers.
- Carry out all ship agency duties as required.
- Ensure haulage company compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Ensure policies or procedures for logistics activities are up to date and compliant.
- Ensure order processing team are aware of roles and responsibilities surrounding logistics strategies.
- Encourage team performance and motivate to reach targets and maintain KPI’s.
- Implement specific customer requirements or customised transportation metrics.
- Investigate and recommend purchase of new or improved technology such as automated systems.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, goods-in, goods-out or customer issues.
- Provide coaching and feedback to team members.
- Ensure quality records are kept and filed, and management policies are adhered to.
- Maintain flexibility to comply with industry requirements.
- Ensure customer complaints are dealt with quickly and effectively via the company ISO process.
- Ensure H&S, quality and environmental regulations are adhered to and implemented.
As an experienced Distribution Manager, you will have a good knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by road, including the relative costs and benefits, knowledge of raw materials, production processes, cost control and other techniques for maximising the effect of distribution of goods.
This really is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in a well established and successful business.
You will have the opportunity to make this department your own and have a real voice within the company.