You’re a talented and well-rounded Design Engineer. You have a natural ability to manage a multitude of projects and play a major part in the design and implementation of new products, to meet individual requirements.
You’ve worked within a fast-paced environment and proven yourself to be at the top of your game when it comes to undertaking designs from concept through to production ready models.
However, you want to take the next step in your career. You want to join a market leader that has a nationwide reputation for ensuring quality, value and satisfaction. A business that has undergone change and ensures future growth.
Like the business, you’re driven by values and want to be part of an inclusive culture where care, passion, ambition, and respect are encouraged.
Based in Glasgow, you’ll be creating and maintaining 3D models and 2D CAD for new designs and existing projects. You’ll be creating prototypes of these designs and working alongside the production and procurement team to ensure all products are fit for purpose and are in line with the company standards and methods of manufacture.
As part of this role, you’ll be:
• Researching new materials and technologies
• Creating design concepts for new product offerings and communicate and review stage
• Creating prototypes of new concepts and verify designs with Production and Procurement teams
• Carrying out testing as required on prototype designs
• Ensuring any designs and assemblies are made in line with industry and internal standards
• Contributing to and maintaining good customer and employee relations
• Assisting with the R&D of innovative solutions for the companies planned new products, to enhance their current product range
• Working on accessories through to complete new vehicle product design
• Providing technical support for products and production
• Designing for manufacturing for both the UK and internationally
• Keeping up to date with new technologies
Ideally, you’ll have:
• A Degree in Mechanical Engineer or a related discipline (e.g. automotive, aeronautical or, materials technology product design)
• Proficiency in the use of 3D CAD packages
• Advanced computer literacy (Use of MS Office suite and other common office software)
• Basic digital image manipulation (such as Photoshop)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Design for Manufacture awareness
• An excellent grasp of engineering and design principles
• 3D Modelling capabilities – preferably Solidworks
For someone who has a wide experience of design, this is an opportunity to work with a progressive automotive business, one that rewards it’s people and encourages personal career growth.
For more information on this role, please attach your CV below, or get in touch with email@example.com | 0141 406 5468