Our client is the creator of Know Your Customer (KYC) automation for major financial and professional service firms globally. It is a provider of simultaneous, real-time access to multiple sources of global company and person data. By using robotic search to discover everything a KYC policy demands, our client delivers more efficient processes and faster, safer regulatory compliance, resulting in lower costs and superior risk management. They believe that the best decisions are made when people understand the full picture. So, their team created a new way to automatically search, review and manage information from public registries, credit bureaus, property/asset valuation sites and a growing range of trusted KYC data streams across the world. Today our client has business centres in London, Glasgow, Sydney, Hong Kong and Singapore and hosts the KYC SaaS platform in multiple data centres in London, Sydney, Hong Kong and Singapore hosting in AWS and IBM Data centres.
About the Role
The Cloud Engineer is responsible for technical aspects of Cloud Hosting. The role is responsible for supporting the clients hosting requirements for all levels of customer. This includes multi-tenanted AWS instances for mid-tier customers and single tenanted Private Cloud, dedicated servers for Tier 1 customers. This role reports to the Head of Cloud Engineering and is responsible for the day to day processes that support the availability, scalability and security of the SaaS platform.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for day to day operations that support our clients global SaaS Cloud Hosting requirements.
- Assist the Head of Cloud Engineering to plan and rollout new customer environments.
- Design and work with the IT Operations team to deliver cost effective and fit for purpose cloud and internal infrastructure solutions designed to meet performance, cost, redundancy and SLA requirements.
- Plan and manage infrastructure migrations between cloud platforms and regions.
- Ensure existing infrastructure and systems meet performance, cost, redundancy and SLA requirements.
- Design backup and DR plans that are effective, documented, reviewed and tested on a regular basis.
- Assist other IT Operations team members on required maintenance activities, projects and other tasks required to maintain or improve cloud infrastructure
- Develop, implement and communicate any required infrastructure changes in a careful and deliberate manner to improve cloud systems including enhancing security, performance, simplicity and resiliency.
- Define processes & procedures for the ongoing maintenance of iCloud systems maintaining adequate and accurate system documentation.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Qualifications or professional certifications appropriate to a Systems Administrator role.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated extensive experience with AWS technologies including EC2, ELB, S3, VPC, RDS.
- Demonstrated experience with IBM’s Softlayer cloud platform is desirable.
- Strong general networking and network troubleshooting knowledge. Routing, VPN, network security, DNS.
- Strong systems administration knowledge under Linux Operating Systems.
- Experience with file system clustering and replication.
- Experience with replicated database environments:
- Preferred experience in NoSQL database MongoDB.
- Software development or scripting experience.
- Strong ability to document completely and accurately at all levels of solution implementation
- Strong understanding of Service Desk, Incident Management, Problem
- Management, Change Management, Configuration Management and Computer
- Operations IT disciplines.
- Results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for actions.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
To apply please click the apply button below, all applications will receive a response.