Based in the East of Scotland, our client is one of the UK’s leading construction businesses, enjoying an enviable reputation as a business with a high-quality product and service. Delivering through their own design and manufacturing service, the business can be agile around customer needs and provide a truly bespoke product, designed and built to their specification.
The current t/o is c£51m and with ambitious growth plans to double this, they are looking for an exceptional Chief Financial Officer to develop and lead the existing team of 14, and in addition, manage the IT systems team.
This role is responsible for the finance strategy, focussing on robust clear financial information, forecasting, margin improvement, contractual wins, commerciality and change management. The finance team is tasked with controlling cash, providing forecasting and margin information, supporting strategic and operational decision-making, managing budgets and providing a level of confidence in the commercial decisions that need to be made.
Reporting into the CEO, your key responsibilities will be:
- Working with the PE investors, ensuring numbers stand up to scrutiny and provide an accurate reflection of the current and future situation across all finance KPIs
- Developing and executing appropriate reporting structures and systems that satisfy the board’s need for accurate information.
- Ensuring that all finance activities are executed to the highest level, safeguarding the business.
- Thinking strategically while acting operationally, understanding the detail of what is happening and spotting opportunities to improve processes and performances, as the business grows.
- Developing high level relationships within the business, collaborating with the senior team and providing financial and commercial support
- Building relationships with key stakeholders
- Managing the tax situation of the business
You will need to demonstrate:
- Experience as CFO/FD within a manufacturing/industrial/construction background
- Experience of either working with a PE or within a PE backed business is essential.
- Experience within a sales led business, with a solid understanding of the sales forecasting processes, ensuring that new and existing business stands-up to commercial scrutiny.
- Strategic acumen with the ability to operate at a tactical level and get hands-on when required.
- Experience of working within a contract led business with a great understanding of contractual terms and how to win from these.
- The ability to communicate the financial realities and opportunities in a pragmatic and clear manner allowing the business to understand how to deliver real wins
- The ability to provide scenarios based on financial information that support the board’s decision-making
- A motivator and encourager who is not afraid to make tough decisions
Based in the East of Scotland, this key role will deliver a highly competitive salary + benefits package and the opportunity for an equity stake. It requires an individual who can bring stability, gravitas, credibility, commercial acumen, pro-activity and financial oversight to the team.
Should this position be of interest to you, please forward your details to Yvonne Hughes, Director of Resourcing at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 406 1010, for an initial discussion.