This fast-growing BI consultancy are seeking an experienced Data Professional to join our team. An independent player in the market, they have established a reputation for delivering excellence in Business Intelligence.
The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of SQL, data modelling, data warehousing, data extraction, transformation, movement and loading techniques and tools. In addition some knowledge or experience in data visualisation tools such as Cognos, PowerBI would be a bonus.
- Provide data sourcing, data preparation and feature engineering expertise in support of the wider team.
- Work as part of the team in preparing and executing a range of data engineering services.
- Provide leadership and assist with skills development for colleagues having less experience of data engineering.
- Apply a structured approach to solving problems with data sourcing, including data quality remediation, engineering joins between disparate data sets from different systems, and addressing issues arising from performance and capacity constraints.
- Influence data owners and technology service providers as required in order ensuring on-time delivery.
- SQL – extensive knowledge & practical experience – 3-5 years +.
- Enterprise DB platforms such as MS SQL Server or Oracle.
- Relational database theory and data modelling.
- Cloud technologies, especially MS Azure and AWS.
- Knowledge one or more of procedural programming languages, such as bash scripting, Python, Scala.
- Knowledge of ETL tools.
- Familiarity with:
- Interactive BI/reporting tools, e.g. Power BI, Cognos or Table
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the proven ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
- An ability to see the bigger picture, understanding where activities are inter-related and ensuring dependencies are clear and appropriately managed
- The ability to be adaptable and flexible to new work requests and demanding priorities
- A team player with the ability to motivate and support others within the team.
- Proactive identification of risks and issues, escalating where appropriate in a timely fashion
- An ability to interact confidently at all levels and challenge effectively and constructively where appropriate.
- Clean Driving License is required
To apply, please click the link below - all applications will receive a response