My client in FMCG is entering its eleventh year in operation, receiving many awards for their exceptional products and high quality service. My clients only employ the very best people on the market to promote their business and there are many exciting developments planned for 2019. They are looking to add an exceptional Business Development Manager, who will manage Glasgow and the west coast - developing relationships with existing customers, bringing in new business and working with the rest of the sales team to create robust business plans to meet the goals.
You will be responsible for the growth & development of product portfolio within your regional sales territory of Glasgow and the west coast, adopting a high-profile status and being the ‘face’ of the company in the local marketplace.
- Build effective trading relationships with key decision makers ensuring you successfully manage & develop product volumes in existing outlets while introducing new business to the Company.
- Maintain good customer relations, by appointment, in an effort to develop and increase both volume and range of product in each specific outlet, improving rate of sale and visibility within venue.
- Introduce new products and seasonal brands to both new & existing customers through long term listings and ad hoc sales opportunities
- Provide supply opportunities through independent customer contact and structured prospecting.
- Provide assistance to distribution partners sales teams to identify opportunities within their existing customer base.
- Research and recommend new routes to market in line with business distribution strategy.
- Seek opportunities for collaborative ventures with other organisations in line with the agreed business strategy.
- Develop and report on a well-constructed prospect list reflecting the growth objectives outlined in the volume targets set.
- Act as an ambassador of the local Region by establishing a network of business relationships throughout the areas licensed trade including estate agents and licensing authorities and Trade related groups.
- Provide Management Team with all customer information relating to Trade Investment opportunities or additional expenditure requirements via High end POS / Staff uniforms / External signage & outdoor advertising / refrigeration equipment / additional glassware, particularly when offer is deemed ‘bespoke’ and requires Management sign off.
- Develop both volume and value of the brands through new business growth via brand listings in quality new and existing customers.
- Ensure availability and visibility of brands within account base.
- Provide additional support via staff training both to venues and distribution field sales / telesales teams.
- Access and promote use of POS and glassware in venue in line with Company business strategy.
- Research, manage, attend and promote brands at customer, trade and public events.
- Educated to degree level with School Qualifications in English and Maths.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Brewery, Premium brands or similar FMCG role.
- Full driving licence held for more than 12 months.
- Competent IT skills: Microsoft Outlook / Excel / Word / PowerPoint / Social media platforms.
If you have the desire to make a difference and the ability to inspire others within an established, multi-disciplined team, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and let's get chatting!