As a result of continued evolution within central finance, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and dynamic accounts payable professional to join the team as an Accounts Payable Team Leader, reporting directly into the Financial Controller.
This newly created role is a hybrid between doing and leading. The Team Leader’s time is expected to be split between accounts payable process activities (calling suppliers and managing ledgers) and managerial activities, in relation to the team and overall processes.
The Accounts Payable Team Leader will be joining the finance team at an exciting time in the evolution of the business. During the current financial year the business is being readied for a new ERP system that will fundamentally change how the business operates. To make the new system a success a strong Accounts Payable Team Leader is needed to keep business as usual activities running in the short term whilst also taking on ownership of the detailed tailoring that will be needed to transform current processes in Account Payable and map them to the new ERP system.
In addition to project work to ensure the Accounts Payable processes are ready for the new ERP system, the Accounts Payable team leader will ensure:
- All ledgers are as tidy and as well organised as possible.
- Accounts Payable runs smoothly, efficiently and effectively.
The Accounts Payable Team Leader will be expected to:
- Take-on personal management of certain suppliers or ledgers to build relationships and manage suppliers expectations in line with payment processes.
- Regularly run reports to assess how tidy the ledgers are and take appropriate action.
- Continually assess the efficiency and effectiveness of processes and personnel in Accounts Payable, including identification of blockers to efficiency and effectiveness, and interaction with finance and non-finance personnel to remove inefficiencies.
Although day to day management of the process and team will be delegated to the Accounts Payable Team Leader, overall annual goals and personnel review responsibility will rest with the Financial Controller.
The key responsibilities of the accounts payable team member role are:
- Process supplier invoices and credit notes in line with company policy.
- Perform supplier account reconciliations in line with company policy.
- Liaise with suppliers and company personnel to resolve issues and discrepancies. Ensure organised records are kept in line with company policy.
- Manage and audit payables to ensure compliance procedures are followed.
- Monitor cycle time to ensure people and processes are efficient and take corrective action where needed.
- Resolve supplier and day to day staffing issues in a timely manner whilst keeping the Financial Controller aware of any issues before they become real risks.
- Input relevant information into the cashflow monitoring activities of the business.
- Develop and prepare a weekly KPI report for the Financial Controller.
- Consider and highlight opportunities for continuous improvement within Accounts Payable.
- Demonstrable record of working in an Accounts Payable environment.
- Good numeric and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a team.
- Strong Excel skills
- Highly Organised.
- Working towards a finance qualification.
- Experience with JD Edwards software.
If this role sounds appealing and is the move you’ve been looking for, please apply to Yvonne Hughes and let’s get the ball rolling!